- Archive – A process of copying data from one location to another location to be retained for a period of time, often lengthy (i.e. years).
- Appliance – A turnkey, all-in-one solution combining hardware, software and services configured to meet business requirements.
- Backup – A process of copying data from one location to another to be recoverable in the event of data loss. It acts like a form of insurance to enable business continuity after data access is disrupted at the original location.
- Backup Appliance – A turnkey, all-in-one solution for automating daily data backup, recovery, archive and disaster recovery planning.
- Backup Window – A period of time in which business operations are halted to create backup.
- Bare Metal Recovery – A process of restoring to a separate computer system, a complete operating platform including boot partitions, system settings, applications and data, to the same state that existed on the original computer system.
- Business Continuity – A management process to sustain operations under any circumstances at any time.
- Data Loss – Data no longer accessible, possibly due to corruption, deletion, network outage, power loss or storage media failure.
- Disaster Recovery – An ability to restore backup data after a major disruption, such as flood, earthquake, hurricane or tornado.
- Disaster Recovery Plan – A documented approach for recovering or recreating accessible data .
- High Availability – A design for systems that need to remain operating when a disaster occurs.
- Progressive Incremental – An innovative data backup method to save all data once and only new or changed data from then on.
- Recovery Point Objective (RPO) – A goal for keeping recovered data current to within a specified time period.
- Recovery Time Objective (RTO) – A goal for the time it takes to restore the operation of data systems.
- Vault – A place to retain and protect data for defined time periods.
Click below for online information to help solve your backup challenges once and for all!
Keeping you informed about protecting your valuable business data!